Aroma Space Design
Developing more trustworthy and quality services
@aroma continues to research and develop greater essential oil functionality and effective diffusion systems through industry-academia partnerships. We employ the results of this research to develop better products and services, some of which have already debuted.
Research and development summary
Basic research and development
- 1. Research and study on essential oils and aromatherapy culture
- 2. Research on essential oils
- 3. Research on diffusers
- 4. Technical research and development related to diffusers
Applied research and development
- 1. Measurement, evaluation, and analysis on the use of essential oils
- 2. Applied technology development on aroma-related hardware and software
- 3. Research and development related to methods for designing and constructing aroma spaces
- 4. Development of new diffuser-related systems
New product/service development
- 1. Development of leading-edge diffusers
- 2. Development of engineering technology for aroma spaces
- 3. Development of new aroma space services
- 4. Development of essential oil blends
Joint R&D and product development
We partner with corporations who seek alliances and new services based on our expertise and knowledge of aromas.
- * We develop new products and services in partnership with companies in other fields.
- * We conduct joint product development with various corporations.
@aroma conducts questionnaire-based surveys and research on various topics in collaboration with academia and the industry. All results are released to the public.
Joint development of the Clear Forest series of products, which include NO2-reducing Todo fir oil (PDF: 363 kb)
Oct. 2014 Joint research conducted with S.T. Corporation
Verification experiment on antibacterial and antiviral benefits of Clean Air series of products [PDF: 193 kb]
Clinical trial regarding aroma’s impact on sleeping disorders (PDF: 159 kb)
July 2012 Joint research with Medical MR Center, Meiji University of Integrative Medicine
Demonstration experiment on the energy saving benefits of natural aromas in office spaces (PDF: 190 kb)
December 2009 Joint research with the Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, and Kokuyo Co., Ltd.’s RDI Center
Research on scent substances activating cognitive functions
(PDF: 240 kb)
May 2006 Joint research conducted with the Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kinki University
Research on the therapeutic benefits of stimulating the sense of touch and smell
(PDF: 60 kb)
2002 Joint research with the Clinical Medicine and Engineering Research Dept., IDAC, Tohoku University
@aroma KYOTO lab
This is @aroma’s technology center that undertakes various types of research, including the chemical analysis of oils and development of aroma functions.
- 9-6 Kizugawadai, Kizugawa, Kyoto Prefecture, 619-0225
Keihanna Open Innovation Center
- Aroma Space Design
- Significance of natural scents in spaces
- Case studies
- Original aroma oil
Contact the following for inquiries regarding our services and products.